IT / Help Desk Specialist ( Internship) at Enfusion
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:46 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 26, 2020
IT / Help Desk Specialist (15-30 hours / Paid part time Internship) - Must be currently enrolled in a University.
The IT Specialist is a technological Swiss army knife who has a passion not only for gadgets and technology but also a passion for helping others with even the smallest tech questions. When the IT Specialist isn’t helping out on our help desk, they are helping the rest of the team with core projects or tapping into their endless quest for knowledge by researching new technologies that will benefit the entire company. The IT Specialist may not know the answer to everything, but they never give “I don’t know” for an answer.
Who We Are
The Technology Team has decades of combined experience, but the fact that we stay current with this experience keeps us from being dinosaurs. We oversee a mid-sized, modern, secure network of 200+ clients running primarily OSX & Windows 10, with a dose of Linux for good measure. CentOS & Debian rule the 500+ server landscape. Most importantly, the line between help desk and administrator is thin, and we all take every opportunity to educate each other on our increasingly-complex network and brainstorm ways to make it better. Our customers are our fellow employees, and we consistently receive accolades for our excellent service and solutions.
- Diagnose problems through troubleshooting skills, logic, and research
- Provide basic end-user desktop / LAN / VPN support
- Provide direct support for Windows and Apple MacOS computers, along with user access to network resources and applications, both locally and via remote access
- Provide direct technical support for services such as office telephones, printers, mobile devices, and video conferencing equipment.
- Provide direct support for computer software installs and upgrades
- Provide direct support and assistance with office relocations and expansions
- Deploy notebooks via tools like JAMF or SCCM
- Maintain records of hardware, software, and network inventory
- Maintain existing documentation and create new documentation as required
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, remotely and in-person
- Maintain a keen awareness of emerging technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Install new and existing software programs
- Create and edit user account information on the system databases
- Check for network problems and provide troubleshooting support
- Perform additional IT duties as required
- On the job training is highly encouraged
- Pursuing a degree in an IT-related field or equivalent
- 1 year of IT experience supporting a mid-size company highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Able to work independently
Read Full Job Description