KDB Analyst Intern - Summer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
Tempus is on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in cancer clinical settings. With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally measure and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable knowledge database intern with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research and biomarker development. This position requires experience in and an understanding of cancer biology cell biology and/or human genetics.
Tempus is accepting resumes for paid full time summer internships (and unpaid internships for students receiving academic credits for internship).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research for the Tempus cancer genomics knowledge database (KDB) and related tasks including: therapeutics, prognosis, diagnosis, variants, etc.
- Annotating articles, gene annotation, gene statements, therapy matching, therapy research
- Help to build a process around creating and powering an automated therapy recommendation engine
- Any degree level in Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Genetics, or Cancer Biology related discipline
- Experience with critical literature review and familiarity with human mutation databases, genome browsers, and oncology therapies
- Demonstrated attention to detail, excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with project leader and present findings to a diverse group of peers