Legal Intern at Club Automation
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As a Legal Intern, you are responsible for supporting the General Counsel in negotiations, contract drafting, and conducting legal research. You must have the ability to coordinate projects with various stakeholders under the supervision of the General Counsel.
This position will require a commitment of approximately 15 hours per week and would be able to work in-office or from home.
The Legal Intern reports to the General Counsel located in Birmingham.
- Negotiate and finalize customer contracts and amendments thereto
- Assist with revising and administering contract templates
- Administer state registrations and foreign qualifications
- Conduct legal research
- Manage trademark registrations, response letters, and/or disputes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent collaboration skills
- High integrity is a must
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be a 2nd or 3rd-year law student
- Experience with contracts and general business law
- Experience with intellectual property law or with payment processing
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.