Legal Intern at Root
Root is seeking to add a motivated, industrious, and creative Legal Intern to assist our growing Legal department. You will assist the Legal team in a variety of duties with the goal of helping the team during an exciting time in the business.
This is a part-time internship lasting 3 months in duration (potential to be extended) and is to be completed in conjunction with law school course work. While this is a remote position, the Legal Intern is expected to be local to Columbus, OH with the ability to be onsite if needed at the Root offices with workloads of up to 20-25 hours per week. The ideal candidate will be in year 2 or 3 of law school and looking to gain exciting in-house experience at a rapidly-growing company.What you'll be doing.
- Review and edit various company business agreements and documents.
- Utilize the Company’s contract lifecycle management tool by managing incoming inquiries, prioritizing requests, providing forms, documenting status, and managing contract execution and retention.
- Help create procedures and practices within the company to promote efficient workflows, including creating and managing form banks, and handling of legal requests.
- Assemble presentations for a wide variety of audiences.
- Assist with quarterly and annual public company processes and procedures.
- Conduct external legal research.
- Assist with document production and research internal records.
- Handle miscellaneous projects for the commercial and corporate teams.
- Current second or third year law student.
- Highly organized and self-directed business style with strong ability to prioritize.
- Proven ability to translate and combine complex concepts, ideas, and solutions into a cohesive language and format easily understood by others.
- Exceptional critical and analytical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Demonstrated ability to execute under pressure and achieve objectives within tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with thorough grammatical, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to utilize standard software tools to create business documents, contracts, and supporting materials.
- Self-motivated, passionate, creative, and solutions-oriented.
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and ownership of work.
- An ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
Reports to: Senior Deputy General Counsel