SMS Assist is looking for a Marketing Intern for our 2018 Summer Internship program!
The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June 4th –August 10th. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. Each intern in our summer group goes through one week of training together as a cohort and are placed in one of our departments, where they’ll spend around 75% of their time throughout the summer. The other 25% is spent engaging in intern-specific activities and learning opportunities, such as executive lunch & learns, personal development workshops, and access throughout the company for informational interviews. During the internship, the program interns will work together on an SMS Assist business case and they will present their findings and ideas at the conclusion of the internship for SMS Assist leadership and other key team members. Of course, we have some fun social events thrown in there as well!
Core Responsibilities of the Marketing Intern
- Learn about marketing, design, graphics and communications
- Content Generation – Help create content and drive the design for our blog, social media, email marketing campaigns, landing pages, and other marketing communications
- Marketing Campaigns – Assist in planning and executing marketing campaigns via email and web channels in support of events, webinars, surveys, demand generation, product updates and customer/Affiliate engagement
- Marketing Analytics – Help create reports that measure marketing performance
- Marketing Support – collaborate with internal departments to create & deliver different marketing requests
Key Competencies of the Marketing Intern
- A passion for digital marketing and technology
- The ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- A keen eye for details
- Solid research and analytical skills
- Knowledgeable and experienced with social media channels
Education and Experience
- Must be a rising junior or senior enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree program or a recent graduate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Traits: Self-starter, creative, and team-player
- Interest in marketing, writing, video, design, communications, or journalism
- For consideration resume and application must be submitted by February 23rd, 2018
- Must be able to start the SMS Assist Summer Internship program on June 4th, 2018 and continue with the internship program until it commences on August 10th, 2018
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full time non-exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- The 10-week internship program runs from June 4th – August 10th
- Internally this position is known as Intern
Want to meet some of our past interns and learn about their experiences? Click here: PLAY: Internship Video
Curious about the SMS Assist Culture? Want to meet some SMSers? Click here: PLAY: SMS Assist Video
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.