Operations Intern - Strategic Initiatives
SMS Assist is looking for an Operations Intern - Strategic Initiatives for our 2020 Summer Internship program!
The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June 8th–August 14th. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. Each intern in our summer group goes through one week of training together as a cohort and are placed in one of our departments, where they’ll spend around 75% of their time throughout the summer. The other 25% is spent engaging in intern-specific activities and learning opportunities, such as executive lunch & learns, personal development workshops, and access throughout the company for informational interviews. During the internship, the program interns will work together on an SMS Assist business case and they will present their findings and ideas at the conclusion of the internship for SMS Assist leadership and other key team members. Of course, we have some fun social events thrown in there as well!
- This is a full time, non-exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- The SMS Assist Summer Internship program is a full-time, paid opportunity that will run from June-August. An internship at SMS Assist will provide an opportunity to work with a fast-paced, growing company in Chicago’s vibrant technology scene. At SMS Assist, the internship program is about developing yourself while having a real, memorable, and fun career experience.
The internship role will be in the Strategic Initiatives department.
- Assist in building out processes and business rules within omni-channel
- Assist in documenting various business rules and help analyze customer data, assisting the team to turn the data into actionable insights
- Participate in a number of focus group type settings gauging adoption and suggestions for improvements
- Interact with customers and affiliates via phone and email.
- Research the viability of a new program, campaign, or initiative; compile and present statistics.
- Research and identify some important topics for your department and provide weekly reports.
- Scan industry media for news items; provide regularly scheduled updates.
- Accompany employees to client, sales, or other outside meetings and provide observations and input.
- Create support materials, such as charts, graphs, or other visuals.
- Plan and coordinate an event or meeting.
- Generate a marketing plan, financial forecast, or other report.
- Produce a video or slide presentation.
- Perform a study or survey; analyze and present results.
- Write internal communications.
- Source goods or search for lower-cost sources for high-volume materials.
- Database management
- Aid in the modification or enhancement of the internship program.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills through telephone and email
- Proficient with Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be pro-active and have the ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Must be a rising junior or senior enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree program or a recent graduate
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future (we are unable to hire on F1 or OPT visas at this time for our summer program)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Traits: Attention to detail, team player, self-directed, and motivated