Paid Content Intern at Neighborhoods.com
Neighborhoods.com is looking for someone with experience writing for a virtual audience to help with a variety of tasks for 55places.com, our sister site and the #1 resource for active adult community information. You will have your hands in several aspects of our content department, including writing and editing, researching, fact-checking and, in general, being an extra set of hands and eyes for our team.
What you'll be learning and doing:
- Providing copy and editing support on blog articles, community pages, etc.
- Collecting and compiling information for specific posts
- Writing, organizing, and uploading content for community pages
- Identifying blog post ideas that will appeal to a national audience
- Researching age-restricted communities and collecting facts and stats
- Identifying high-value and large-scale neighborhoods that deserve additional coverage
- Photo/content outreach
- Reviewing community pages for accuracy
We're looking for someone with:
- Excellent writing skills with a keen eye for grammar and punctuation
- Research skills — beyond just Googling — and data interpretation
- Some basic knowledge of real estate and architecture
- Self-starter attitude who looks for opportunities to contribute
- Detail-oriented mindset and able to focus on specific tasks
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- A desire to be a part of an evolving content and editorial team
- Must be available to work 15-25 hours per week, M-F.
- If applicable, we'll work with you to ensure you earn course credit and schedule around your classes.
- Pay is $13/hr. Internship will last 3 months.
How to Apply:
Please upload a cover letter, your resume, and (if applicable) writing samples. Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.