Pharma Commercial Operations, MBA Intern - Summer 2020 at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is seeking a highly qualified MBA associate to join our growing team. Our goal is to provide summer associates with a comprehensive overview of what it’s like to work at Tempus. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a movement to help improve cancer research with data and artificial intelligence.
Summer associates will work with members of the Tempus team to support a specific 10-week project, designed for post-grad students, that impacts the business and that department. Students will have the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Tempus.
At a summer at Tempus, you will:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Have access to senior leadership and be involved in decision-making
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duration and Timing
Tempus summer associates will spend ten weeks working in our Chicago headquarters. The program will commence in May/June and run through mid-August.
What you'll do
Support 2-3 projects throughout the summer, working with the Pharma Director of Operations to launch a new offering into the market; these projects may include:
- Developing and executing a sales strategy for prospective client outreach
- Building new marketing collateral to share with clients on our product positioning
- Building a pricing model and evaluating the business case for each project
- Researching the global implications for the launch of the product into the market
- Work cross-functionally across Business Development, Operations, Lab, Bioinformatics, R&D, and other key stakeholders
- Build proposals and contracts for potential new client engagements
- Play a key role in commercial and operational projects with senior leadership at Tempus
- Candidates must be enrolled in an MBA degree program
- Knowledge in oncology preferred
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry or consulting preferred
- Excellent organizational, reporting, and communication skills
- Handles competing priorities well and can pick up new concepts quickly