Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We're proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In's 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.So, what's the role?
Kin's Product team is the fulcrum that takes our vision of what home insurance should be and makes it real. Our product managers are responsible for the commercial success of the product. They straddle technology and all other business areas to ensure the right work is getting done.
We are currently looking for multiple Product interns ("kinterns") to join our team and help us move smarter and faster. These people will also work very closely with our engineering team, helping define and sequence projects to meet our aggressive outcome-driven and problem-focused roadmap.A day in the life could include:
- Identifying problems to solve, gathering user research and input, and outlining proposed solutions, supported with data
- Collaborating with design to create functional prototypes for user testing and mockups for developers
- Working closely with Product Managers and Product Directors to understand and communicate the Product Roadmap and vision
- A passion for solving challenging problems, often with creative solutions
- Experience launching and scaling clubs, organizations, or side hustles
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into concrete action plans
- An eye for great products and willingness to advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- Ability to communicate with empathy and precision
- A strong desire to learn about new technologies, new products, and improve the way things are done
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we're making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We're a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it's how we treat each other. That's one of the many reasons we've been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don't discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.