If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewDelivering more than 2,500 customer-focused proposals a year, the North America Proposal Center (NAPC) provides our customers the latest in communications technology and public safety offerings. Our products and services help government, public safety and commercial customers improve their operations through increased effectiveness, efficiency, and safety of their workforce
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Motorola Solutions is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to those who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Motorola Solutions, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16-week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post-returnship. These full time offers will be primarily remote.
What You’ll Do
- Play an active role in executing quality proposal delivery for proposals in partnership with Business Development and Capture professionals and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). “Quality Proposals” are those that meet or exceed guidelines for providing a clear, responsive, persuasive, and compelling proposal to the end customer.
- Co-lead proposal kick-off calls and status calls, as well as peer and management reviews.
- Review proposal specifications to identify unique requirements, prepare for meetings, maintain notes, and ensure roles/responsibilities are communicated.
- Develop and disseminate proposal schedules and compliance matrices.
- Track proposal compliance, evaluates compliance concerns, and escalates non-compliance issues.
- Participate in Executive Summary development and/or media storyboarding.
- Ensure proposal quality by reviewing documents for branding, grammar, and NAPC standards to minimize errors and risks.
- Manage proposal documents, file sharing, and version control.
- Desktop publish proposals and manage production, adhering to formatting and layout guidelines.
- Liaise with outside vendor (Mimeo) to produce all printed documentation.
- Obtain sign-offs and authorized signatories when necessary.
- Ensure on-time delivery/submission.
- Archive proposals and project files according to established company processes and procedures.
- Solicit and review survey feedback from internal and external customers.
Who You Are
- A strong communicator with excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, you can clearly communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A relationship builder and team player, you bring your best to work each day and inspire others to do the same.
- An analytical problem-solver, you are an active listener and critical thinker, always seeking understanding beyond the surface and able to assimilate information from a variety of sources.
- A highly detail-oriented worker, you’re able to manage multiple projects and their deadlines both independently and cross-functionally with sales and other SMEs.
- Writing specialization is highly recommended. Professional Proposal accreditation preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Extensive experience coordinating groups both in person and remotely.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience in Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint, Salesforce, and Production tools (printers, e-submissions, etc.).
- Ability to understand both the business and customers.
- Knowledge of proposal management and project management practices as well as internal support levels for different types of proposals (value, market, solution).
- Must be able to collate, organize, and assemble proposal materials that weigh up to 50 lbs
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, or 4+ years relevant work experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.