PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to deliver cloud-based software that collects and displays ratings and reviews on websites.
As an intern in the PowerReviews technology department, you will be a key asset over the summer to carry out two important projects for the Quality Assurance team.
You will receive guidance from the test team as to what should be displayed in the dashboard and from the front-end engineering team for technical assistance, but will have complete freedom in the design and development of the app.
To be successful in this project, you should be comfortable with front-end engineering languages, and have good knowledge of User Experience concepts.
A successful candidate for this project should be comfortable in Java and have good knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts. This internship will offer opportunities to build a mastery of Java and Selenium WebDriver and learn new languages, tools and technologies.
- Design and develop a web app showing test result in real time
- Connect with Jenkins REST API to get test status in JSON format
- Your work will be displayed H24 on a 70-inch monitor in the Technology department
- Design and build a production validation framework with Java
- Enhance automation of our testing processes
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building web applications
- Experience with a front end framework
- Understanding of network communication and REST APIs
- Experience writing Java applications
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver a plus
- Understanding of testing practices including unit testing, integration testing and manual functional testing a plus
- Excited about a high-velocity development environment and product cycle
- Strong attention to detail, good communications skills and a positive attitude
- Experience with source control, preferred
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
Our Tech Stack
At PowerReviews we use lots of open source software and use Amazon Web Services (almost) exclusively. Our current stack consists of Linux, Java, Tomcat, Nginx, PostgreSQL, MySQL, ElasticSearch, React.js, Docker, and some Ruby on Rails. In AWS we make use of EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Elasticache, (both Redis and Memcached), Elastic MapReduce, and Cloudfront. Other stuff we use includes Sumo Logic, Datadog, Selenium, and Packer.
- Transparency: Transparency in communication drives trust
- Accountability: We hold each other accountable to execute and improve.
- Learning: Continuously learn new skills to find your super power.
- Collaborating: Collaborate with colleagues, customers, and partners to win.
- Celebrating: Celebrate the wins and share our success.