QUANTITATIVE TRADING INTERN - SUMMER 2019
How You Can Make An Impact
Geneva Trading USA is looking for ambitious, entrepreneurial students to join our firm as a full-time Quantitative Trading Intern during Summer 2019. The internship is paid hourly and will start with a 12-week commitment, but will have the potential to be continued remotely, as well as a high possibility of becoming a full-time opportunity upon graduation with superior performance.
You will have the opportunity to experience what life is like as an employee at Geneva Trading. Our interns are expected to design solutions to complex problems and work on projects that directly impact our firm. Our flat organizational structure will allow you to work with Sr. Traders and Quants on meaningful projects.
Join us in Chicago, IL for a hands-on internship that will immerse you in the high-frequency trading industry!
- Model, analyze, and optimize existing and new trading opportunities
- Develop and enhance tools to understand key drivers and indicators of profitability and risk
- Answer questions for the trading desk, with the goal of providing imperfect information
- Data mine for new trade opportunities
- Monitor and interact with live trading strategies
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical, or quantitative field, MS degree in Fin Math or Fin Engineering preferred
- Understanding of statistical methods and experience employing optimization libraries and statistical packages (e.g. R or MATLAB) is a plus
- Programming skills in C++ and R or Python and experience with KDB/Q is a plus
- Exposure to forecasting and data mining techniques, such as linear and non-linear regression analysis, neural networks or support vector machines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in or understanding of financial markets
Why You Should Join Us
- Great People. We’re ambitious and like to have fun while achieving our goals.
- Transparent Compensation Structure. Our employees know that we value their ideas and contributions.
- Relaxed Environment. We have a flat organizational structure with frequent activities for all employees such as on-site seminars, happy hours, corporate sports teams, etc.
- Wellness Programs. We believe that a balanced employee is more productive. A stocked kitchen, on-site gym, and generous vacation package are just some of the perks that we offer our employees.