Science Writer Internship (Academic Year 2018) at Tempus
We are seeking an independent and motivated Science Writer Intern to join our Computational Immunology group. This individual will work in an interdisciplinary team to communicate important new biological and clinical insights. The intern also has the opportunity to learn about clinical oncology, the field of immunotherapy, and exciting technological areas within a fast growing biotechnology company.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our Science Writer and collaborate with a fast-moving team of computational biologists, data scientists, and immunologists to help:
- Prepare research articles or case studies for publication in top-tier peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Draft, edit, and submit conference materials, including abstracts, posters, and slide presentations.
- Manage document writing and review processes including timelines for document generation, revision, and completion.
- Generate tailored materials to inform or educate internal (e.g. sales, marketing, other science/engineering teams) and external (clinical/research) partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or a similar field with significant relevant writing experience or Bachelor’s Degree in English or a Communications field and significant relevant science experience. Masters or PhD in a science discipline with writing experience preferred.
- Experience submitting abstracts, manuscripts and grants to conferences, journals and funding agencies, along with a track record of success.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of biostatistical, clinical research concepts, and/or cancer immunology.
- Ability to read the primary scientific literature and summarize insights to a range of audiences, including laypersons and experts.
- Experience with/knowledge of cancer genomics, clinical oncology, immunology.
- Experience with/knowledge of bioinformatics and computational biology (machine learning, statistics, algorithms).
- Experience using LaTex, google drive, and microsoft powerpoint, excel, and word.