Software Engineer 2021 Internship at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur AI team is focused on all aspects of 1) designing, prototyping and developing solutions (algorithms and architectures for object detection, classification etc.), 2) Machine Learning training and optimization (distributed training and inference acceleration) and 3) data (tools for data acquisition, annotation – both human and machine-powered, data pipelines and supporting ML infrastructure). We’re excited about the work we are doing in AI. We often describe it as “Mission Critical AI” because our approach is founded on our many years of Public Safety and Video Security experience and knowledge. We know the mission-critical needs of our customers are unique and different from the most consumer technologies that leverage AI today.
Working with our R&D teams to help source, prepare and generate data to build AI solutions that provide insights that potentially help save lives could be your internship. Contribute to and extend our distributed ML inference platform for video utilizing programming skills in C/C#/C++ and Python. You will be responsible for implementing one or several Summer Internship Projects such as the following:
- Build dashboards to provide visibility, and UI to empower users and admins with self-service capabilities
- Develop and enhance computer vision and artificial intelligence visualization, testing, and analytics tools
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets
- Automate existing process workflows
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language Python, C, C#, C++ (Python preferred)
- Practical knowledge of using a version control system like GIT
- Good written and communication skills with the ability to learn quickly and independently, and also work within a team
- Self organized, ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Candidate must be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related degree
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree with a graduation date on or after December 2021
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.