Software Engineer Intern- Summer 2021 at Paylocity
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own. Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small teams around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
As an intern you will be a member of one of our product teams and will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features and working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders.
Our Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
WHO YOU ARE
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to be creative and innovative while working on cutting-edge technology
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused teams with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Working towards bachelor's degree in a computer science or technology related field with an emphasis in software development and expected graduation date of Fall 2021 or Spring 2022
- Exposure to and knowledge of an object-oriented language (e.g., C#, Java, C++)
- Able to discuss object-oriented design and development concepts
- Must be willing to learn to work effectively in an agile and team environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
Paylocity has been revolutionizing the marketplace for payroll and human resources professionals for more than 20 years- we create software that makes companies better, faster, and stronger! We were founded and built on the basis of innovation in a stale industry and we continue to keep that focus as we deliver innovative technology and support to thousands of businesses while also having a rewarding company culture ourselves! We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions. We work hard to provide an amazing work environment for our employees and are dedicated to giving back in the communities we live and work. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
Find out why we have won so many awards for being the best place to work, our culture, our growth & our solutions - putting us in a category of our own! Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.