Software Engineer Intern- Summer 2021 at Paylocity
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own. Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small teams around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
As an intern you will be a member of one of our product teams and will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features and working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders.
Our Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
WHO YOU ARE
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience.
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process.
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas.
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members.
- Excited to be creative and innovative while working on cutting-edge technology.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused teams with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Working towards bachelor's degree in a computer science or technology related field with an emphasis in software development and expected graduation date of Fall 2021 or Spring 2022
- Exposure to and knowledge of an object-oriented language (e.g., C#, Java, C++)
- Able to discuss object-oriented design and development concepts
- Must be willing to learn to work effectively in an agile and team environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
This job excludes CO applicants