Software Engineer Intern at Neighborhoods.com
We’re looking for a software engineering intern to help one of our server side software engineering teams with our proprietary system for managing the synchronization of real estate data between Neighborhoods.com and third parties. The internship for Spring 2020 beginning immediately through end of March. Our office is located in the Chicago West Loop and this internship will sit onsite. This role will give you the chance to learn about production data management pipelines as well as experience working with an agile software development team.
Neighborhoods.com is the first online real estate resource to put the neighborhood at the center of the home search. The platform invites visitors to imagine their life in a new area by providing a local’s perspective, including detailed descriptions and resident reviews of schools, amenities, and the surrounding community. With up-to-date listings, the company offers aspiring homeowners accurate and reliable information about market changes and new homes for sale. Neighborhoods.com and its network of real estate agents are licensed and knowledgeable experts that guide users through every step of the homebuying process—from the initial search to the closing table.
What you’ll be doing as our Software Engineering Intern:
- Work with data pipelines responsible for keeping large volumes of information in sync between our systems and remote parties
- Gain hands-on experience with the software development lifecycle, including the use of Git, Continuous Integration, Code Review, and production deployment
- Use tools including AWS and Docker to develop and run your code
- Participate in our engineering culture, with an emphasis on contributing ideas, thoughts, and constructive feedback
- Collaborate with other engineers to find the most efficient and maintainable solutions to problems
- Participate in code reviews, both of your code and of others
We think you could be really successful if you:
- Have knowledge of at least one object oriented programming language
- Are a team player and enjoy collaborating with your peers to develop code that is the best fit for the products and your peers
- Have experience working with a relational database system (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, etc.)
Basic requirements to do the job:
- You must be actively pursuing a degree in computer science or a related discipline at a four-year university.
- If applicable, we’ll cooperate with ensuring you receive course credit and schedule around your classes
- Pay is $15/hr. Internship will last 3 months
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.