Software Engineer Intern at DocuSign
Software Engineer Intern
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
DocuSign is seeking Software Engineer Interns to help build and enhance our product offerings and infrastructure over the course of a 12-week paid internship (start/end dates flexible). You will be a member of a small, focused team that is working to improve the scalability of our infrastructure, create reliable REST APIs, build necessary product features, implement elegant user interactions, or supplement our automated test systems. Each intern will have a dedicated mentor who, along with the team’s developers, QA engineers, product managers, and/or designers, will teach and guide you as you make improvements that will ship prior to the end of your internship.
Responsibilities will differ by team, you may…
- Create, integrate, and consume DocuSign APIs in C#.
- Create and use Powershell to automate build, test, and other internal processes.
- Write and update SQL stored procedures (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Write unit tests to ensure the quality of the code.
- Identify and automate test cases and improve existing integration testing processes.
- Demo your project to the Engineering team at the end of your internship.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Coding and design experience, preferably in an OO programming language: C#, Java, C++.
- Completed courses focused on Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience with consuming and building RESTful web services.
- Experience with git, continuous integration, and deployment tools.
- Experience in unit testing.
- Excellent communication skills.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.