Software Engineer Internship at iManage
What is iManage U?
iManage U provides students the chance to experience a dynamic, rapid growth technology company first hand. iManage will provide a structured 10-week paid internship program which delivers project-based activities, improved knowledge of business fundamentals, tackling complex problem solving, collaboration & team building and some fun Chicago experiences along the way! This year, iManage U is set to kick of Monday, June 10th and wrap up Friday, August 16th.
Goals of the Program:
- MAKE AN IMPACT: Leave your mark on your team by owning and completing assigned project
- MENTORSHIP: Learn from teammates across departments & gain perspectives from a diversity of people
- NETWORKING: Meet & connect with as many interns and iManage employees as possible both during & after work hours
- GUEST SPEAKERS: Learn from our leadership team and ask questions during our lunch and learns!
- GIVE BACK: Make a difference locally by volunteering in the community
- FUN: Enjoy social events, and everything Chicago has to offer this summer!
What Can You Expect?
Our Software Engineers are the heart of our team here at iManage. In this internship, you will have the opportunity to be immersed within our iManage product suite and gain exposure into the development lifecycle. You will learn how our flagship product in document management works and work on projects will fellow interns and engineers that will directly impact the team and the business. We’re looking for interns to join our R&D team that have an aptitude and passion to learn new technologies while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and develop features for iManage cloud products in an agile environment
- Learn and apply modern cloud computing concepts utilizing containers, micro-services, etc.
- Follow best practices in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery with tools like Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, Docker, GitHub, Jira etc.
- Work within cross-functional engineering teams as well as peer teams to help build solutions
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for students who are hungry to learn and passionate about technology. You enjoy working within a collaborative team and take ownership on meaningful projects that will impact our over one million users. To break it down more, see below:
- Pursuing your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or other technology related field
- Programming language experience (Java, Python, C++, C#, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, course work in algorithms, database systems and design, data processing, networking fundamentals and security
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages
- Excellent written and communication skills
iManage transforms how professionals in legal, accounting and financial services get work done by combining the power of artificial intelligence with market leading document and email management. iManage automates routine cognitive tasks, provides powerful insights and streamlines how professionals work while maintaining the highest level of security and governance over critical client and corporate data. Over one million professionals at over 3,000 organizations in over 65 countries – including more than 2,000 law firms and 500 corporate legal departments – rely on iManage to deliver great client work.