Software Engineer Summer Intern 2020
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities around the world.We look for the most advanced problems solvers - like you - to help us create technologies that rise to the challenges of our customers. To connect firemen to policemen to emergency responders to nurses to specialists to lives saved. To protect communities, grow businesses and make work safer and more efficient.Motorola Solutions is looking for a self motivated individuals to help drive the next generation public safety experience, and to work with a team of top experienced professionals to enable mission critical services and solutions.
- Team software development using Agile practices Microservices-based software architecture and containerization
- Security concepts such as authentication, access control, authorization, cryptography, least privilege.
- Cloud-based or embedded-computing software development experience
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of one more more mobile application and/or platform development including Android and iOS Cloud computing on AWS and/or Azure Network Protocols (TCP/IP, TLS, UDP)
Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline is required.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.