Software Engineering Intern - Fall 2021 at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As an intern at Affirm, you will be a contributing member of our world-class engineering team, and as such you will work on meaningful projects and frequently ship code. Recent grads and past interns have built a real-time high-throughput data processing pipeline, developed an extensive automated testing framework, and built out our proprietary financial platform that is central to our long term company mission.
We are excited to meet and consider strong students for our 12 week internships. Interns will join one of Infrastructure, Finance, Merchant, Consumer, or Product Engineering teams. We are a dynamic organization that is happy to tailor projects to your skillsets, and we will work with you throughout the interview process to determine which team will be best for you.
What You'll Do
- Interns are responsible for developing and shipping a project and verifying that it works in production. Because things are changing fast at Affirm, we do not specify intern projects in advance, instead you will collaborate with your mentor and manager when you start to spec a project that will best contribute to your team.
- You will ship code and monitor the deployment of your work. Our intern projects are not isolated or intended to be thrown away: your team will depend on your contributions.
- We will pair you with a dedicated mentor who will be by your side to give advice and ensure the success of your project. You can expect to meet with them on a regular basis and receive feedback.
- You'll have the opportunity to attend events with other interns and full-time Affirmers. Past events have included cable car trolley tours, scavenger hunts, and Giants games.
- You will present your work to the entire engineering organization at the end of your internship.
What We Look For
- Passion and dedication to changing consumer banking for the better
- Experience with Python, C/C++ or Java
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with object oriented programming
Bonus Points for Familiarity with
- Deployment and testing frameworks
- API development/documentation
- AWS or other PaaS frameworks
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.