Sourcing Intern – Summer 2021 (Chicago)”. at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Looking for an internship role in Summer 2021 and think you have what it takes to be a part of our team? Learn more about what we are looking for and apply if you have what it takes!
Echo’s summer internship program allows you the opportunity have on-the-job training to execute real world projects, interact with Senior Management/Executives, mentorship from leaders, and thrive in an environment and culture that listens to and welcomes your feedback. Echo is a high-energy organization with great enthusiasm, collaboration and is a lot of FUN to be a part of!
The LTL Sourcing Specialist Intern supports multiple business units in the analysis and execution of pricing for LTL shipments. You will be responsible to help manage the following functions: LTL carrier sourcing, pricing, service analysis and systematic rates and tariffs implementation.
Must be able to start June 7, 2020 (internship goes through August 6, 2021)
Able to work daily at our downtown Chicago location (600 W Chicago Ave)
- Perform analyses of pricing programs and rate structures
- Prepare and implement carrier rates for systemic use
- Work with LTL carriers to obtain the optimal cost and service
- Assist internal departments in working with LTL carriers
- Assist in the management of the RFP process with LTL carriers
- Support outside Sales Agents in their customer pricing and solutions
- Perform freight cost analyses for various pieces of business
- Develop and assist with initiatives that drive growth, sales, profitability and long term-performance
- Support regular reporting and metrics and summarize for the senior management team
- Provide key cross functional support to the organization
- Strong proficiency with manipulating large amounts of data
- Expert with Excel
- Experience with Tableau a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels both internally and with clients
- Self-managed and motivated
- Enjoys and thrives in fast paced, fluid work environment
- Very organized and detail oriented
- BS/BA in Business Administration or Related Field
Work Environment/Physical Demands Summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.