Summer 2020 Data Science Intern at CancerIQ
CancerIQ (https://www.canceriq.com/) is a venture-backed digital health company that uses predictive analytics to help doctors understand their patient's risk of getting cancer and dying from cancer. By making it faster and cheaper for providers to order cancer genetic testing and interpret results, we improve patient access to life-saving services that can pre-empt or prevent this devastating disease. We market our solutions nationwide to cancer centers, breast centers and genetics practices, and have grown 10x since emerging from private beta in Spring 2016.
CancerIQ was a winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Awards, and is backed by KGC Capital, Lightbank, Rock Health, and other experienced investors. We recently signed a strategic partnership to accelerate our growth, and need all hands on deck to reach our next milestone!
The Role:The CancerIQ Product team is seeking a Data Science Intern who will be an extraordinary addition to our product team. As a Data Science Intern at CancerIQ, you will be working with a team that is revolutionizing genetic testing services through our innovative digital toolkit. You will be working primarily with the product and customer success teams and also occasionally interface with the development team.
- Automate scripts and processes for data reporting and business intelligence
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
- Assist in data analytics for research
- Assist in data collection and analysis for product goals
- Strong proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience working with scripting for data science - Python, R, etc.
- Creative problem solver
- Be willing to be based in Chicago, IL where our team is located
- Experience and/or strong interest in the health-care sector
- Experience and/or strong interest in start-up companies
- Passionate about the fight against cancer
- Ability to make a large impact quickly
- Ability to tailor internship in order to get exposure to other teams (sales, marketing, customer success, and development)