Summer 2020 Internship - Product Management
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions is leading provider of Mission Critical Communications Solutions for Public Safety and Government Users as well as key enabler for Commercial Communication products, making sure our customers have the information they need at hand in the Moments that Matter. Be a part of the Dynamic Team that manages and oversees the integration of a newly acquired business unit providing Mission Critical radio communications to First Responders.
As a team-member, you’ll be called upon to help us integrate a new company and its portfolio into Motorola Solutions. Working with Development Teams, Management, Legal, Product Teams, and Program Management, you’ll be exposed to a multi-disciplined approach to managing tasks required to fulfill transfer of duty obligations for the company, while maintaining customer commitments. You would be expected to develop and maintain full list of contract obligations, cost-benefit analysis of engineering and support work by location, recommend methods of team and process integrations between two companies, and form a basic understanding of the radio technologies being transferred.
The ultimate goal of the organization is to smoothly integrate the new company’s operations into Motorola Solutions in a cost effective manner while managing all obligations of the acquired customers and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Creating analysis on cost benefit analysis on resource and facility locations
- Analyze customer contract deliverables and manage development activity required to meet
- Manage technology transfer check lists and approval process
- Support sales teams in creating options to replace aging equipment with trade-in deals
- Organize multi-company training events
- Report on weekly accomplishments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to interface positively with co-workers at all levels. Must be a self-starter with an ability to remain on-task and complete assignments
- Ability to leverage available resources and tools (online and otherwise) to research and expand one’s knowledge when needed
- Team focus, dedication, self-motivated, attention to detail and flexibility
- Familiarity with Google Apps
- Experience with creating and managing spreadsheet analysis, and project management tools a plus
- Interest and passion for the field of Product Management, Sales, or Operations
Currently enrolled in an undergraduate (BS) program at an accredited university with coursework and background in Business, IT Systems, Engineering or related field graduating on or after December 2020.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.