Trading Experience for Women - Internship at PEAK6
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology into our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and even sports management. We have both built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes our proprietary trading business, a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and much more.
We’ve taken our passion for the markets and developed a unique trading experience designed specifically to introduce women to the trading industry. Our Trading Experience is designed to encourage smart, ambitious, collaborative women to break the mold. We’ve heard all the myths about trading—too cutthroat, too intense, too risky—but we know that’s not the case at PEAK6. We know investing in women is a solid strategy. Women can make outstanding traders, but there are not enough female traders in the field yet.
Our Trading Experience will introduce you to the basics of trading, help you see how empowering trading can be, and help you develop key skills that you’ll leverage throughout your career. You’ll have an opportunity to interact and collaborate with our traders on a daily basis, allowing you to experience first-hand the tight-knit, supportive, and highly collaborative team at PEAK6. Everyone is invested in each other’s and the team’s success.
You can expect the Trading Experience to include:
- Working on an impactful project from concept to delivery, and presenting your work to senior leadership, end users and stakeholders of the organization.
- Skill development in learning how to take calculated risks and decision making by executing trades and playing various risk taking games.
- Weekly poker sessions to tie in trading concepts hosted by traders.
- Comprehensive mentorship and feedback process that includes dedicated 1:1 mentors, scheduled feedback cycles, and weekly 360 degree feedback of the program.
- Learning advanced option theory and the basics of volatility trading.
- Collaborating with, learning from, and articulating your ideas and strategies to senior trading partners, team members, and supporting departments.
- Rotational programs and deep-dives within each trading team.
- Exposure to other PEAK6 business lines and ventures to enhance career perspective.
- Multiple opportunities to hear and learn from influential women in the FinTech space, including our own!
- Defined experience timeline and structured program, from start to finish to ensure a maximum experience.
- Dynamic and fast paced environment with an emphasis on learning and staying ahead of the curve.
- Company sponsored events including social, team-building, and experiential programs.
You will gain loads of experience in our Trading Experience, but before you do you should have:
- Junior standing (graduating between December 2020 – June 2021)
- Curiosity to learn and driven to improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to thrive in collaborative environments
- Exceptional problem solving skills