Variant Scientist Internship - Summer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
Tempus is on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in cancer clinical settings. With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally measure and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Variant Science intern with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research and biomarker development. This position requires experience in scientific programming, statistical methods development and implementation, and an understanding of cancer biology cell biology and human genetics.
Tempus is accepting resumes for paid full time summer internships (and unpaid internships for students receiving academic credits for internship).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigation and integration of Gene/Disease population data into the autoclassification of variants
- Curation into literature of genes relevant for cancer therapeutic, diagnostic and prognostic potential
- Share project findings with peers
- Complete a fun summer internship!
- Working toward PhD, MS or BS in human genetics, oncological studies or related subject
- Understanding of human genetics and the ability to read and assess/review genetic data in scientific publications
- Experience reviewing primary peer-reviewed literature
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to effectively communicate with project leader
- Eagerness to learn and ability to work independently