IT Software Developer - Mid to Sr
IT Software Developer
SMS Assist is hiring a Software Developer to joing our IT team.
We are looking for a Software Developer with 2 – 5 years of experience to join our IT team. As a Software designer you will play a key role in designing, testing, and maintaining our software & platform. You will act as a superuser – problem solving and trouble shooting issues as they arise. In the Software Developer role you will add to the system to enhance usability. Additionally as a Software Developer you should be able to provide some program training and assistance to newer associates.
Core Responsibilities of a Software Developer:
- Perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements of a Software Developer:
- BS or foreign equivalent in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
Work Experience Requirement of a Software Developer:
- 2 – 5 years of experience as a Software Developer or in a simialr role
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Ability to use one or more development language (C++, PHP, HTML, .NET, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- An understanding of business
- Analytical and commercial experience
Key components of a Software Developer:
- Excellent command of English language is a must
- High integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible and adaptable
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Detail orientated
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Open-minded and curious
- Team player
H1B Sponsorship is available.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)