Lead Platform Engineer
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats provides an opportunity to scale our best in class platform, allowing our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications daily. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
As a Platform Engineer you will ensure the stability and scalability of our infrastructure by maximizing the flexibility and reliability of Vivid Seats platform. Within an agile team, you'll have the opportunity to build, deploy, and manage customized infrastructure.
A few recent projects include (deploying and managing): Kubernetes in our local development environment, a Kafka cluster to scale our OLTP, and Elasticsearch to power an in-house search engine. We continue to assess, prototype, and implement the latest technology to advance Vivid Seats technology stack and capability. Our Platform Engineers possess a fundamental understanding of distributed systems, the desire to support development teams, and a passion to build tools that improve the efficacy of our technical operations.
This is a high visibility and high impact position with responsibility to both engineering departments and several other critical business operations. You'll automate to standardize pipelines, containerize applications, configure auto-scaling, and monitor a marketplace at scale that brings enjoyable experiences to fans everywhere.
To be successful, you'll need
- A proven career working within a Linux operating system
- Experience in a SRE/DevOps capacity using an AWS environment leveraging offerings such as: VPC, EC2, ECS, S3, RDS and Aurora
- Experience in system programing (we use BASH and Python here)
- Experience with DevOps and infrastructure management tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform etc.
- The ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support across our full platform
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment using tools such as Git or Jenkins
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting our customer first
What We Offer
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans… and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606