The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors. The group is structured primarily along the following client segments: Advisor, Asset Management, Retirement, Redistributor, and Commodities & Energy.
The Role: The Associate Contracts Manager is responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and finalizing commercial contracts and contract amendments. In this role, you’ll collaborate with the Sales, Product and Legal teams to create contracts, develop negotiation strategies, evaluate risk exposure, and make recommendations to business partners or legal counsel. You will ensure our commercial contracts comply with our internal contracting standards and policies. This is an excellent position for someone who is interested in learning about legal concepts, negotiation skills and cross collaboration.
• Manage contract process for new, renewal and amendment contracts for specific sales teams and products.
• Review and approve contracts prepared by the sales team prior to submission to clients.
• Negotiate with clients on contracts for contractual terms in line with our company policies via email and phone. Escalate issues to business and legal partners for non-standard terms for approval.
• Provide cross functional support to Sales, Sales Operations, Corporate Systems, Product, Legal and Finance teams for ongoing projects to make the contracting process more efficient.
• 2+ years of related experience; investment or software industry experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, Morningstar products or other investment software platforms is a plus.
• Ability to lead projects and work with a variety of internal client groups.
• Adept at working under the pressure of deadlines and demands of a variety of business clients and contract counterparties.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Superior time management, prioritization and computer skills.
• Bachelor’s degree.