ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
The successful candidate will report directly to the company's VP of Legal and provide support on a wide variety of legal matters, including negotiating transactions with customers and vendors, assisting with regulatory compliance matters, reviewing and drafting a wide variety of contractual agreements, and maintaining the books and records of the ActiveCampaign family of companies.
What your day could consist of:
- Assisting the VP of Legal, the legal department, and senior management with a variety of legal issues related to the company's email marketing and automation business.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing various contracts, including customer and vendor contracts, NDAs, master services agreements, and software license agreements.
- Serve as legal advisor to various internal departments and committees as requested.
- Assist with the maintenance and oversight of relationships with external counsel as requested.
What is needed:
- 4 year college degree
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 3+ years experience as an attorney with strong corporate governance experience required
- Ideal candidates will have strong prior experience drafting board and shareholder consents, board and committee minutes, committee charters and policies, securities filings, and corporate governance matters generally
- Strong prior experience negotiating software license agreements, representing SaaS industry clients, and a general understanding of data privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA.
- Must have excellent research, organizational, and project management skills and be capable of tracking and completing multiple tasks in a timely manner.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.
Read Full Job Description