Associate Corporate Counsel
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to add to our Legal team. The successful candidate will be the Company's second legal expert, will report into our Corporate Counsel and will provide support on a wide variety of legal matters, including but not limited to: negotiating transactions with customers and vendors, assisting with regulatory compliance matters, reviewing and drafting a wide variety of contractual agreements, and maintaining the books and records of the ActiveCampaign family of companies.
What your day could consist of:
- Assisting the legal department, and senior management with a variety of legal issues related to the company's email marketing and automation business
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing various contracts, including customer and vendor contracts, NDAs, master services agreements, license agreements, and real estate leases
- Serve as legal advisor to various internal departments and committees as requested
- Assist with the maintenance and oversight of relationships with external counsel as requested.
What is needed:
- 4 year undergraduate degree
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- 3+ years experience as an attorney with strong transactional experience
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois
- Ideal candidates will also have prior experience with tech industry clients, data protection laws, and familiarity with limited liability company governance
- Must have excellent research, organizational, and project management skills and be capable of tracking and completing multiple tasks in a timely manner
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description