ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 85,000 today to millions.
The successful candidate will report directly to the company's Corporate Counsel and provide support on a wide variety of legal matters, including negotiating transactions with customers and vendors, assisting with regulatory compliance matters, reviewing and drafting a wide variety of contractual agreements, and maintaining the books and records of the ActiveCampaign family of companies.
What your day could consist of:
- Assist the Corporate Counsel, the legal department, and senior management with a variety of legal issues related to the company's email marketing and automation business.
- Draft, negotiating, and reviewing various contracts, including customer and vendor contracts, NDAs, master services agreements, license agreements, and real estate leases.
- Serve as legal advisor to various internal departments and committees as requested.
- Assist with the maintenance and oversight of relationships with external counsel as required.
What is needed:
- 4 year college degree
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 3+ years experience as an attorney with strong transactional experience
- Prior experience with tech industry clients and data protection laws
- Familiarity with limited liability company governance
- Global experience is preferred
- Excellent research, organizational, and project management skills and be capable of tracking and completing multiple tasks in a timely manner
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description