About the role:
The OnDeck Recoveries Team strategizes and executes on all aspects of collection and recovery. We manage a nationwide network of law firms and help navigate accounts through all aspects of the recoveries process, including accounts that end up in bankruptcy. As the Bankruptcy Paralegal, you will own all accounts in this portfolio and will be encouraged to create your own processes and procedures. The goal is to ensure that every party involved in the bankruptcy is protected and monitored. This role should be viewed as an opportunity to build a channel and own an important piece of our business.
What you'll be doing:
- Processing, drafting, and filing bankruptcy-related documents
- Obtain credit reports and writing Proofs of Claim
- Handle ongoing communication between opposing counsel
- Review and manage all new bankruptcy filings while monitoring existing bankruptcies
- Provide assistance with contested cases and special litigation cases
We're excited about you if you have:
- Must have solid comprehension of the bankruptcy process including but not limited to, preparation of petitions, filing proof of claims and responding to opposing counsel
- Must be able to manage deadlines and tasks while maintaining a high level of detail and organization
- Strong writing and experience with legal research
- Certified paralegal or have completed a paralegal educational program
Our Enova SMB Team:
To our customers, we have three different brands focused on small business--OnDeck, Headway, and The Business Backer. Within the company, though, we know all brands are really one single team. Team members in Denver, NYC, Cincinnati, Virginia, and Chicago offices work together closely to ensure we are offering a best in class experience for our small business customers, and our various partners in the industry.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.