Compliance Counsel at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're looking for legal professionals who are passionate about changing the status quo and advancing the use of novel medical devices. You’ll be a part of the legal team to provide compliance tools, resources and counseling to help us do it the right way. This role reports directly to the Executive Vice President & General Counsel.
- Develop clear policies and procedures to ensure our team conducts business in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and builds trust with the medical community, patients and other key stakeholders.
- Create processes to operationalize our policies.
- Deliver training that puts our values and policies in context and real world situations.
- Conduct regular monitoring and auditing to assess the state of compliance, identify gaps and implement corrective actions, where needed.
- Provide practical guidance and solutions to our teams.
- 6-8 years of experience with life sciences or healthcare industry, preferably with previous in-house experience.
- You have a law degree from a recognized institution.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the laws and regulations that apply to the life sciences industry, including U.S. Healthcare Fraud & Abuse laws, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and HIPAA.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical and legal skills, mature judgment and independent thinking.