The Team: Morningstar’s Compliance team supports Morningstar’s global business entities, primarily focusing on those registered with and governed by regulatory authorities. Our compliance professionals help each Morningstar business entity adhere to the rules and regulations of the local regulatory authorities.
The Role: Morningstar’s Compliance team is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Compliance Officer who has at least 5 years of experience in a regulated environment. This position is based in Chicago and reports to the Chief Compliance Officer, North America.
• Assist senior management in promoting a culture of compliance
• Provide ongoing compliance support for registered investment advisers
• Review of marketing materials, including social media posts, blogs, videos and podcasts
• Prepare and conduct training (new hire and annual)
• Assist in the administration of the Code of Ethics system for personal trading, gifts and entertainment, political contributions, and outside business activities for Morningstar’s regulated and other monitored groups
• Conduct periodic testing of compliance policies and procedures pursuant to Rule 206(4)-7 of the Investment Advisers Act
• Complete regulatory filings for the registered investment advisers and broker-dealer
• Conduct email reviews
• Alert business units of regulatory developments impacting the business and compliance policy changes
• Provide guidance on new services/products or changes to the business model
• Perform other tasks/projects as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree and at least 5-7 years of compliance experience working for an investment adviser or broker-dealer preferred
• Wealth management experience, including knowledge of Turnkey Asset Management Programs (TAMP) preferred
• Knowledge of and experience with SEC, FINRA, and/or ERISA regulations required
• Regulatory review of advertising/marketing material required
• Compliance monitoring/testing experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and writing skills that enable messages and decisions to be articulated confidently, effectively and diplomatically
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• High degree of integrity and strong work ethic
• Attention to detail, highly organized, and an ability to interact and engage with employees at all levels
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.