RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The Contract Administrator/Paralegal is responsible for initiating and monitoring the entire contracting process for standard agreements, including following up, responding to common redlines and questions, and escalating to our sales team or Legal Counsel when necessary.
The Contract Administrator will work directly with the in-house Legal Counsel and other RedShelf personnel to help prepare new contracts, ensure existing contracts are up to date with business procedures and provide support in fact-finding and legal research.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Contract Management System
- Send out standard agreements and follow up in order to keep contracting process moving forward
- Maintain open and clear communication with third-parties
- Update sales teams throughout the entire contracting process
- Update contract templates
Support Contract Negotiation:
- Prepare responses to redlines and questions
- Review vendor agreements
- Bachelor’s/Associate degree in paralegal studies
- Experience reading/editing legal documents and/or administrating contracts
- Understanding legal implications of contract language and terms and ability to speak to legal issues
- Attention to detail and ability to spot errors and inconsistencies
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience working with contracts/contract management system
- Professional experience in a legal assisting role/environment
- Paralegal degree/certificate
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.