Contract Specialist at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewCommercial Legal Department - Americas
This position assists Commercial Counsel and Contract Managers in providing commercial legal support to business teams in North America and Latin America. This includes support with proposal generation, contract management, records management, compliance and corporate governance. The position will also assist with escalation and routing for internal approvals. Collaboration with internal business partners from many disciplines is a key component of this job. Also, coordination with external parties, including outside counsel, on administrative issues may also be required.
- Review solicitations (e.g. RFIs, RFPs) issued by government and commercial customers
- Assist in drafting proposal responses and contract clauses.
- Perform initial compliance analysis for the solicitation
- Act as key liaison with other functional areas (e.g, Finance, Insurance, Human Resources, Environmental Health & Safety, Trade Compliance) in reviewing customer or vendor requirements.
- Gather detailed information about the sales offer.
- Obtain and synthesize input from internal and external subject matter experts
- Research issues, as requested by Commercial Counsel or Contract Managers
- Assist with records management
- Assist Commercial Counsel with due diligence and regulatory compliance efforts
- Provide other general legal assistance and administrative tasks as necessary
- Manage databases, automated approval tools, and other electronic systems
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Bachelors Degree required
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.