About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois is the integrated business manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity, and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot is operating a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers, social responsibility and the state at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. Camelot is committed to building a progressive organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Procurement team will be a model of transparency and collaboration at the core of all cross-functional commercial decision making.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Contract Specialist reports to the Director of Procurement under the leadership of the Vice President of Compliance and General Counsel. The person in this position assists the Director in the implementation of policies and procedures by which contacts are established and contracts are approved. Established standards of good business practice, sound fiscal management and protection of the assets of the Illinois Lottery (and Camelot Illinois) are used as the criteria for approval of contractual arrangements.
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts (e.g., master services agreements, consulting agreements, licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, professional service agreements, purchase orders and any amendments) according to the requirements of the State of Illinois
- Evaluate the contractual provisions for the benefit of the Illinois Lottery and Camelot
- Review all contracts with the Director of Procurement
- Review the legal terms and conditions with Camelot’s Legal team and/or outside legal counsel
- Serve as the point of contact for internal stakeholders and vendors on contractual matters. Act as the contractual “middleman” between employees and vendors, ensuring the timely review and approval and reconciliation of variations
- Contribute to the creation of procurement contracts and form templates
- Provide recommendations and negotiate directly with vendors and/or sales vendor contracts staff
- Submit contracts to the State of Illinois and answer the State’s questions as needed
- Maintain contractual records and documents, such as procurement forms, contract correspondence and notification of renewals
- Manage contractual changes, status reports and other documents as necessary in collaboration with the Director of Procurement
- Work with the Director of Procurement to maintain an efficient procurement process that complies with State requirements
- Resolve project-related vendor performance violations of contractual scopes of work with Camelot’s relationship managers
- Train other operational staff on the procurement process and terms and conditions of contracts relevant to their operation, including relevant elements of scopes of work
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures for procurement services as well as contract management and administration in compliance with the State of Illinois requirements and Camelot’s policy
- Provide guidance to the Finance team regarding contract spending limits
- Ensure that contracts are signed and executed (i.e., secure vendor signatures on contracts then monitor attainment of Camelot’s signatures), and signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties
- Collaborate with the Director of Procurement in ongoing contract related issue management and change management
- Review proposed instant ticket games to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable legal and industry standards
- Prepare monthly governance reports
- Perform legal research (e.g., Westlaw and PACER) for attorneys
- Prepare and assemble responses to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Provide Finance department with invoicing information to assist with the budgeting process and ensure the accuracy in forecasting
- Draft correspondence and provide administrative support as necessary
- Provide assistance to the Legal and Procurement staff as needed
- Five (5) or more years of directly related work experience performing duties as described above
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply contracts and the State of Illinois procurement regulations
- Demonstrated competency in procurement and strategic sourcing to achieve cost savings
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, contract management, procurement, or a related field from an accredited university
- Demonstrated ability to perform legal research using online databases (e.g., Westlaw and PACER)
- Flexible and collaborative team player
- Comfort managing change and multiple projects at one time
- Ability to build and foster positive relationships
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an environment with competing priorities and meet, if not exceed, tight deadlines
We’re a creative group of people at Camelot Illinois, passionate about our work. We are not interested in formality or too much hierarchy. We like to bring the best ideas forward as quickly as possible. We’re proud that we provide a lively and challenging environment for our teams to try new ideas and achieve their potential. If this sounds like a company you would thrive in, get in touch!
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.