Corporate Counsel at LogicGate
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
Reporting directly to the Assistant General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel will, without limitation:
- Advise the business on routine and complex legal matters, provide guidance on contract issues, and appropriate risk management to anticipate and assist with management and mitigation of legal risks.
- Work closely with the AGC to drive process improvements, and establish and maintain internal policies.
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate contract terms for outbound customer contracts in an expeditious manner while also protecting the business’ interests
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate contract terms for inbound vendor contracts in an expeditious manner while also protecting the business’ interests.
- Review and negotiate various other legal documents, and provide strategic legal advice, in support of other company initiatives (e.g., strategic alliances, product releases and integrations, marketing agreements, etc.).
- Collaborate with all business functions across the company to drive successful process improvement and cross-functional compliance, including Sales, IST, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success.
- Educate the business on, and enforce, the legal process to protect the company’s interests during all aspects of contract negotiations and other company initiatives.
- Develop collaborative relationships across all company functions and segments.
What we have to offer:
- Work Environment
- Regular cadence of communication organization wide like monthly All Hands meetings.
- Highly collaborative, cross functional environment leveraging all the right tools no matter your location.
- Commitment to the growth of our employees through various frameworks including an Emerging Leaders Program.
- Social activities (yes, even remotely!) where we can come together and celebrate all that we’ve accomplished like an amazing anniversary party or talent show!
- Time Off; 33 business days in first year of employment
- 16 Days PTO
- 9 Company Holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, etc.) PLUS two floating holidays annually
- 6 Health Days (Mental & Physical)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- 401(k) Match Program
- Partial ownership of company through stock options
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We’ve secured $40M in total funding to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid —an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built In Chicago’s list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020, Crain's Chicago Business 2020 Best Places to Work and Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces 2020 !
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market, and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, it’s predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!