Corporate Paralegal at Clearcover
We are seeking an outstanding corporate paralegal with at least 5 years of relevant experience to join our in-house Legal Department. As a member of the corporate legal team, you’ll provide support for our Legal Department, including:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage the formation, qualification, and ongoing maintenance of Company’s entities (Holding Company, Agency, Insurance Company)
- Maintaining internal databases of important vendor contracts, governance documents, as well as insurance company statutory documents.
- Working with in-house counsel to draft various corporate documents, including minutes, unanimous written board consents, legal memos, as well as facilitating notarizations, legalizations, and company seals
- Researching legal and compliance questions and staying up to date with current issues
- Supporting other corporate legal team projects as needed
- Managing the corporate legal team’s access to various software and subscriptions and maintaining relationships with third-party vendors
- Helping to create and maintain scalable processes, internal team sites, FAQs, and self-service tools
- Partner with Company’s HR, Finance, Tax and other corporate stakeholders on all matters requiring corporate legal support
- Facilitate the preparation and filing of various regulatory forms and applications
- Provide transactional support for acquisitions
- General support of the department, including: Managing corporate record filing process, Use project management tools and techniques to assist with filing and tracking of documents, Tracking transaction tasks and phases and communicating progress to team as issues and/or items are resolved
- Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal Certificate required
- 5 plus years of experience as a corporate paralegal in a mid to large size law firm or in house corporate legal department.
- Strong analytical and organizations skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines required
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of company and with outside law firms, as needed
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships, including but not limited maintaining strict confidentiality and appropriate judgment and discretion in handling highly sensitive and confidential matters
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Google office products (Drive, Docs, Sheets, File Stream) & iOS
Desired Experience but not Required
- Experience in a law firm that did IPO work and/or a corporate legal dept of a publicly traded company.
- Experience with legal support work on HR related matters
- Experience with legal support work on merger transactions or other acquisitions
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.