Corporate Secretary - Paralegal at OCC
The Corporate Secretary Paralegal will work closely with the Office of the Corporate Secretary of the Corporation under the supervision of licensed attorneys. The Corporate Secretary Paralegal will assist the Office of the Corporate Secretary in administrative functions necessary to ensure that OCC’s Board and internal governance frameworks meet appropriate regulatory requirements, Delaware corporate law and fit the needs of the Corporation and of its directors and support the Office of the Corporate Secretary in ensuring that the Board of Directors understand and carries out its fiduciary and regulatory duties.
- Provide confidential functions to the Corporate Secretary, CEO and Senior Management, by producing a variety of documents such as correspondence, executive minutes, agendas and Board resolutions;
- Assist with the review of all Board of Directors and Committee materials prior to Board and Committee meetings including proofreading and cite checking;
- Help ensure that the Board of Director and Committee meeting material review process for executive officers is conducted in an efficient and expedient manner;
- Prepare for the Corporation’s Annual Stockholders’ meeting.
- Update and maintain records of Board of Director and Committee meetings, including those in which confidential executive session minutes have been taken, and draft appropriate resolutions;
- Draft Minutes for internal governance groups for review by the Corporate Secretary;
- Perform internet and legal research, as necessary;
- Perform administrative functions for the Office of the Corporate Secretary including the following;
- Track and ensure compliance with governance internal functions;
- Develop, maintain, and revise board, board committee, and management committee agendas consistent with corporate requirements in charters, corporate governance principles, or By-Laws, including by ensuring meetings with the Chief Executive Officer, General Counsel, and other appropriate senior officers is conducted in a timely manner;
- Update and maintain of materials for the annual board and committee self-evaluations and Director Orientation materials;
- Prepare director skill matrices;
- Prepare and maintain written stockholder consents;
- Assist with onboarding of new directors, including by maintaining a list and preparing a record of receipt of new director candidate documentation;
- Coordinate and maintain information received from directors on an ongoing basis;
- Update and maintain electronic corporate files, databases, email and directories;
- Utilize desktop publishing applications where required; and
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be able to work as a team in a capacity with strict privacy and confidentiality requirements both inside and outside the Corporation.
- Working familiarity with Delaware corporate law.
- Experience in corporate governance with a regulated entity, particularly a self- regulatory organization with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and organizations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and creative.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Sharepoint experience
- Nasdaq Directors’ Desk
- Undergraduate degree, with at least three years’ experience in corporate secretary or corporate governance role
- Paralegal certificate and/or large law firm experience preferred.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.