Immigration & Global Mobility Consultant at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Immigration & Global Mobility Consultant
The Immigration and Mobility Consultant is responsible for providing guidance and advice in the areas of immigration, talent mobility, relocation, and taxation. Responsibilities include the day-to-day partnership with multiple stakeholders including Talent Acquisition, HR consultants, Corporate Tax, business leaders, candidates and employees to advise on immigration laws, requirements, timeframes, and Discover provided immigration and relocation services. In addition, the Immigration and Mobility Consultant will participate in the design, development, communication and stakeholder training of program policies and practices and will serve as the main contact for all global mobility-related vendors.
- Manages the day-to-day relationships with talent acquisition, HR consultants, business leaders, candidates and employees on all aspects of U.S. immigrations, including visa, work permits, and permanent residency; Independently manages vendor relationship to deliver premium employee experience.
- Provides consultation and applies subject matter expertise on complex, high-level immigration issues; develops strategies to mitigate risk and provides creative solutions in a timely manner.
- Contributes thought leadership on immigration and relocation programs, such as best practices trends, benefits, and benchmarking; Identifies opportunities for process improvement, cost savings, capability enhancement and process and policy gaps, drafting of policy and process revisions and assists with the implementation of new or revised programs.
- Partners with external immigration legal provider to initiate, track, and review immigration cases, ensuring timelines and service levels are adhered to.
- Manages and oversees the preparation of various global employment immigration petitions, leading petition strategy development discussions, communications, and accurate document production to ensure the highest level of client service and satisfaction.
- Supports work authorization process for labor condition applications (LCAs), including posting job requisitions, completing questionnaires and gathering documents required by external legal firm.
- Coordinates tax services between assignees and Discover’s tax consultants, communicate and enforces timeframes and policies to complete tax organizers and provide required documentation; coordinates balance sheets and partners with payroll on tax and income implications.
- Acts as the Subject Matter expert and point of escalation for I9 escalations.
- Ensures ongoing compliance of Discover’s immigration and mobility programs by monitoring legislative changes and implementing new requirements, and that employee public access files have required documentation.
- Develops and delivers company-wide education materials, seminars, Q&A's.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- 6+ years handling complex immigration cases
- 4+ years managing corporate in-house immigration and global mobility programs.
In Leau of Education Experience
- 8+ years’ Experience handling complex immigration cases
- 4-years’ experience managing corporate in-house immigration and global mobility programs
- GMS Designation preferred.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.