Insurance Regulatory Analyst at Root
At Root, we’re looking to shake things up in the insurance world and change how the consumer views the entire experience. We are looking for an analyst to help us challenge the ideas of how insurance has been done in the past and provide a product that consumers actually want to purchase. As an Insurance Regulatory Analyst, you’ll be asked to push the boundaries of what’s required and to think critically as to how that best aligns with our product and company objectives. By collecting and analyzing regulatory requirements, you’ll be helping to continue building and enhancing an entirely new insurance experience from the ground up as we rapidly grow and expand into new markets. The perfect candidate will have insurance experience and is interested in approaching complex problems to provide impactful recommendations in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing.
- Research product requirements for compliance in new and current states using various resources
- Summarize information in an organized manner
- Communicate state compliance requirements to necessary individuals
- Maintain guidelines for varying requirements across states
- Conduct audits to ensure ongoing compliance with state requirements
- Monitor changing regulation in states as it pertains to the company
- Provide subject matter expertise to Operations, Product owners, Engineering and other business areas
- Prepare and monitor the progress of rate and form filings
- Communicate with Departments of Insurance as necessary to ensure compliance of product and filings
- Assist in coordinating market conduct exams with functional areas
- Opportunities for growth with the company into more senior roles with additional responsibilities
What we’re looking for.
- Experience in insurance industry highly recommended; experience working in SERFF preferred (drafting, submitting and responding to objections for forms, rates, and rules filings)
- Proven ability to plan, manage and successfully execute projects of varying complexity
- Experience with compliance or legal research software a plus (Wolters Klewer, Lexis Nexis, etc.)
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to build relationships and leverage the expertise of business partners to achieve goals
- Ability to handle ambiguity and quickly adapt when changes occur
- Solid analytical skills to support critical thinking in assessing options and formulating recommendations
- Great attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind
- Commitment to diversity and respect for others
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.