Legal Assistant at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're looking for legal professionals who are passionate about changing the status quo. Tempus is rapidly growing our legal team, and looking for a legal assistant who will have the opportunity to expand on their legal skills in substantive, transactional areas. We are looking for a self-starter, who can optimize process and organize. Our team isn't afraid to dive into new things and help propose solutions. We are passionate about technology and improving legal operations.
If you’re someone who can say ‘I got this’ when tackling a tough problem or new project - our Legal Assistant/Legal Operations role might be for you.
- Initial review of a variety of transactional agreements – NDA, MTA, research, licenses, buy-side agreements
- Help to manage organization of any and all legal operations and legal workflows including by helping to fully optimize a contract management system
- Work in collaboration with other internal departments to improve legal interactions and processes
- Research regulations, laws, and legal articles – help to summarize the results of that research in a business-focused manner
- Manage, organize, and maintain all manner of documents and records in various paper and electronic filing systems
- Provide general administrative assistance, such as maintaining calendars, team meeting agendas, issue tracking lists and the like
- Associate degree in paralegal studies, a paralegal certificate, or a bachelor’s degree required
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- 5 or more years of experience assisting transactional attorneys in a high volume practice preferred
- Relentless task-master ability to “delegate up” so we all accomplish tasks within agreed upon goals and timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and G-Suite applications
- Ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and keep deadlines
- Experience with contract management systems
- Team player with a positive attitude – some days we are solving big problems and some days we are copying and filing and running redlines and getting through the necessary stuff
- Experience in healthcare, data or IP related field is a plus