Legal Department Executive Assistant at OCC
The Corporate Assistant is responsible for a broad range of administrative support activities supporting Legal Department leadership, including the Executive Vice President, General Counsel; the Senior Vice President, Chief Regulatory Counsel; and the First Vice President, Deputy General Counsel
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide confidential administrative support to Legal Department leadership
- Prepare, format and proofread communications, reports, memos, presentations, letters, and other documents for internal/external audiences.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls with internal staff, Board members, Management Committee and regulators
- Assist in the preparation of documents for Board of Director, Management Committee or other internal or external meetings
- Support the Office of the Corporate Secretary with preparation and review of Board of Directors and Committee materials in advance of Board and Committee meetings.
- Manage external vendor invoices and track and report on department budgets and expenses
- Assist with detailed regulatory filings
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages
- Maintain meeting calendar for Legal Department leadership and out-of-office calendar for Legal Department
- Research, plan, and coordinate internal department meetings and team building events
- Arrange and organize travel for Legal Department leadership
- Sort and distribute incoming correspondences
- Perform general clerical duties, such as ordering supplies, and maintaining records
- Exhibit expert level application and use of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel with high competence and ability to utilize other software programs, technologies, digital and mobile communication tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional professionalism and must be comfortable maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information regarding the company and personnel
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with peers, internal clients, management, Board members and regulators
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills for setting priorities, working on multiple tasks simultaneously, and meeting deadlines for time sensitive tasks with little to no supervision
- Able to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as able to take initiative and anticipate needs as situations and projects develop
- Able to use professional judgment for problem solving and decision making
- Able to learn, understand and utilize new software programs and technologies
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs such as: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- 5 or more years of experience supporting senior executives
- Experience working within a legal department preferred
- Experience working within a highly regulated environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.