Manager Legal Operations at OCC
The Legal Operations Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of the Legal Department, oversight of legal administrative technology tools and resources, and support for the department’s policies and procedures.
- Provide confidential support to Legal Department leadership and oversee administrative aspects of the Legal Department.
- Create a culture of growth, development, collaboration and accountability among the administrative staff.
Support the Development of Department Strategy
- Assist in monitoring and tracking of Legal Department objectives. Create metrics and follow up on trends aligned to the company and department’s corporate objectives, as well as overall department effectiveness and efficiency. Solicit feedback and work collaboratively to provide suggestions for process improvements. Use process mapping and other operations tools to drive efficiencies.
- Coordinate Legal Department leadership to track legal tasks related to the Enterprise Project Management Office.
Coordinate the Oversight of Legal Department Budget
- Coordinate with internal attorneys to track legal budget, with particular focus on outside counsel spend.
- Formalize the Legal Department process for forecasting expenditures, conduct spend analysis, and provide insight identifying areas of variances and work to manage down variances.
- Assist with communication to outside counsel (and other service providers) to enforce outside counsel guidelines, and invoice payment processes.
- Function as invoicing subject matter expert, including acting as company’s billing coordinator, for all outside counsel engagements.
Contribute to the Board of Directors Meeting Processing Activities
- Assist in the preparation of documents for Board of Director, Management Committee and other internal or external meetings.
- Support the Office of the Corporate Secretary with preparation and review of Board of Directors and Committee materials in advance of Board and Committee meetings.
Assist with the Management of Legal Department Administration
- Oversee Legal Department electronic and physical file management.
- Oversee Legal Department technology strategy, scout legal technology tools, and identify areas for investment
- Implement enhancements and technology platforms to support efficient delivery of legal services.
- Develop or assist in the development of, and compliance with, Legal Department policies.
- Create administrative processes to onboard new counsel, and other Legal Department staff, to understand company and department procedures, ensure compliance with company policies for performance of legal work.
- Coordinate education opportunities including tracking of attorney CLE credits and organizing of in-house CLE events.
- Coordinate Legal Department Pro Bono work.
- Perform general clerical duties, such as ordering supplies, and maintaining records
- Stay up to date on legal operations best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional professionalism and must be comfortable maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information regarding the company and personnel.
- Excellent organizational skills for setting priorities, working on multiple tasks simultaneously, and meeting deadlines for time sensitive tasks with little to no supervision.
- Able to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as able to take initiative and anticipate needs as situations and projects develop.
- Able to use professional judgment for problem solving and decision making.
- Able to learn, understand and utilize new Legal and Office software programs and technologies.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- 5 or more years of experience supporting senior executives.
- Experience working within a legal department preferred.
- Experience working for an institution that is highly regulated preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred.