Overview of role:
With general supervision, provide legal services and guidance to assigned TransUnion business units, ensuring that the business practices, policies and dealings meet regulatory, contractual and business requirements, and that TransUnion’s operations are within the scope established by law inclusive of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. The incumbent provides recommendations to management regarding changes to the law, interprets, negotiates, and drafts complex contracts, helps to structure business deals, and provides counsel regarding issues faced by TransUnion. Responsible for anticipating and protecting the company against legal risks and advising stakeholders on business risks. Comply with Corporate Integrity and Ethics policies.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required and at least 4 years of experience as an attorney, preferably in a financial or regulatory environment with a strong transactional history
- Knowledge and understanding of the following areas of law are recommended: FCRA, GLBA, privacy and credit reporting laws, technology, intellectual property, and partnering arrangements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Ability to quickly learn other software.
- Ability to work closely in a team environment
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships with, and relate well to, peers, staff, and management of all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
- Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to manage and turn-around a significant and diverse work flow in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision, yet exhibit sound judgment in seeking guidance and direction from senior attorneys and escalating issues.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand, and advise business partners on, complex documents, including laws, contracts, business documents, system documents, company policies, and procedures.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (logic, problem solving, issue spotting, and decision making)
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills