Paralegal, Commercial at Affirm
We at Affirm seek a positive, dedicated paralegal to join us as a Paralegal on our Commercial Legal team. This Paralegal will partner closely with our attorneys and the Sales and Client Success teams to support our rapidly growing portfolio of commercial merchants. Affirm is on a mission to improve consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency! We seek teammates who are flexible and enjoy diversity: able to manage various projects and matters at a time.
What You'll Do
- Support the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts and transactions
- Assist with the management and administration of Affirm's commercial contract portfolio, with an emphasis on scaling support to assist with Affirm's rapid growth
- Collaborate with internal Legal, Sales, Client Success, Finance, and Engineering teams to drive deals to execution
- Exist as a trusted advisor and teammate, sharing legal and other expertise and support, when needed
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Work across a spectrum of sophisticated legal, business, and strategic issues
What We Look For
- At least 3 years of relevant experience at a law firm or in-house, particularly at a high-growth start-up, is preferred
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Background as a key member of a successful team
- Inquisitive about identifying legal issues and risks and proposing creative solutions
- Consistent background crafting and encouraging relationships across all levels: operating through influence, formulating plans, advocating, and driving plans forward
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including diplomacy, sensitivity, and interacting well with management at all levels
- Detailed and flexible: able to decide independently, work with limited supervision, and enjoy a fast-paced environment of innovation
- Inquisitive nature: likes to pose questions, challenge processes, etc.
- Experience in collaborating with business and functional colleagues to guide on risk and design enhancement
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Humility, integrity, and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team; you take your work seriously but not yourself
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA26
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.