Paralegal/Manager – Legal at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
Paralegal/Manager – Legal
project44 is looking for an experienced paralegal generalist to join our quickly expanding global legal department. This is a critical role at the center of project44’s focus on building a best-in-class legal team while also providing guidance to a variety of internal and external stakeholders with particular focus on legal department management, the contract lifecycle process and Board of Director support.
- Manage day to day administrative needs of global legal team including implementation and use of invoice and matter management software
- Implement and operate contract management system
- Provide Board of Directors support including through use of Board portal/Carta software
- Support various due diligence, eDiscovery and record retention workstreams
- Support Company’s ethics and compliance programs
- General oversight of IP portfolio
- Position reports directly to General Counsel
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Five or more years as inhouse paralegal; experience with a tech company preferred including familiarity with SaaS commercial contracts and related data/privacy issues
- Experience with implementation and/or operation of contract management system
- Prior responsibility for day-to-day management of Board of Directors
- Must have strong project management skills and be organized, responsive and detail-oriented
- Flexibility, teamwork and people skills are essential
- Tech savvy with a pragmatic and can-do mindset
- Works well in high performance culture
- Ten or more years of experience as legal department manager and/or paralegal
- Undergraduate degree and paralegal certificate preferred
- Prior start up, privately held and public company experience preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.