Patent Agent/Patent Technical Writer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. Tempus is looking for a Patent Agent or a Patent Technical Writer to join our legal team who will work on a broad range of patent preparation in the areas of information systems and oncology personalized medicine.
What You’ll Do
- Interact and work with inventors, in-house counsel, and outside counsel on patent preparation and prosecution matters
- Review proposed publications and presentations for potential impact on patent portfolio
- Superior academic credentials from well-regarded institutions
- MS or PhD degree in life sciences or computer science preferred, with demonstrated experience in both disciplines; BS degree in life sciences or computer science, with demonstrated experience in both disciplines and substantial relevant research experience, will also be considered.
- In the Patent Agent role, admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including 3+ years of demonstrated experience in prosecuting and preparing technically relevant patent applications at a highly regarded law firm or corporate legal department is preferred. Ideal candidates will have significant research or technical experience in both oncology and computer/information systems.
- Preparation and prosecution experience with both US and various foreign patent offices and patent practices are preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential; should be proficient in applicable word processing / information management software.
- Demonstrated interpersonal interaction skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; should be a self-starter; should be able to effectively handle multiple matters simultaneously, and should be adept at adjusting priorities when required.